Our family always seems to ask us because they have never heard of Tableau. We can ask them to look up the Tableau Definition but that doesn’t explain what we really do.What does a Tableau consultant do – our family always seems to ask us because they have never heard of Tableau. We can ask them to look up the Tableau Definition but that doesn’t explain what we really do. The Nielsen Company was curious about our Trip Cost. So, we broke it down in excel, pasted in Tableau, and showed them what a Tableau consultant can do with a few minutes of work.Our usual blimp view explanation is: “We help people see and understand data.” The deeper response is we help small, medium and large corporations clean up data, show everyone how to do it, and empower companies to be better with Tableau products.What if the data is complex? You need someone with experience in database solutions.We have flashy logos because we are data experts first and Tableau Jedi second.So what does a Tableau consultant do? Below we will explain our opinion on the subject and explain what a tableau consultant generally will be doing for you.
We strongly believe without a healthy dosage of programming and data architecture exposure…
Without a healthy dosage of data experience – it’s easy to make a mess in Tableau. Our experience shows that most Tableau Consulting companies are outsourcing these hard projects to consultancies with data experience.The good ones do a lot of data transformation before Tableau and most spend their time making Tableau Desktop flex around the data layer.We believe Tableau consultants should all have a few years of SQL under their belt before charging clients more than $50/hr. Otherwise, the customer is getting the short end of the deal. We make premium dashboards with a decade of experience. Our dashboards stand out because we focus on quality VS quantity.
- A Tableau Consultant focuses on Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- They spend their time working on the product and building whatever the business users and report consumers need.
- Tableau consultants offer quick access to generating reports with experience across multiple databases.
- A Tableau Consultant is hourly and works for a consultancy.
- Most consultancies in business intelligence have a Tableau division because the product is in high demand.
- A Tableau consultant understands Tableau pricing.
- They know how to install Tableau Desktop.
- And of course, they know where to download every version of Tableau Desktop.
We don’t know any Tableau Consultants with a GoPro testimony, if we only knew the product, we would not have been successful at GoPro because we needed to generate custom SQL, offered edits to the HTML and CSS to generate a new user experience to the GoPro corporation.